Here at HC Kids we believe that each child is a precious gift from God. HC Kids is a place where your child can have fun, make friends, and find a place to belong. It is the best place for your child to build a biblical foundation through Bible lessons, interactive games, worship, and small group time. HC Kids is offered at each service at all campuses. We look forward to serving your family!
Times & Locations
Sterling Heights- 9am, 10:30am, 12pm
Imlay City- 9:30am, 11am
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN
The leaders who work in our ministry have two things in common. One, they love God. Two, they love kids. Our volunteers really care about kids and have a passion to see them grow in their relationship with Christ.
WE CARE ABOUT YOU
Over half of our leaders are parents themselves and understand the incredible responsibility you face every day as a parent. We want to help you wherever we can. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need something. If we can help, we will!
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
You can stay up to date with everything going on in HC Kids by following us on social media and through our weekly parent emails.
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM PARENT GROUP
THIS IS OUR FIRST TIME ATTENDING. WHAT DO WE DO?
We are so excited to meet you! The first step will be to register at our Parent’s Corner desk. This desk is located as you enter our HC Kids area on the right hand side. Here you can find one of our HC Kids team members who can assist you with check-in or answer any questions you may have. You can pre-register by clicking the here!
HOW DOES DROP-OFF/PICK-UP WORK?
The safety and security of children is of the upmost importance to us at Heritage Church. Because of this, a secure, computerized check-in system is in use. Each child in the system receives a printed name tag each time they attend any of the classes or events at our church. Along with the child’s name, the tag will list the child’s room assignment and a unique alpha-numeric code. Parents will also receive a tag with the identical alpha-numeric code that will serve as identification when picking up their child.
WHAT IS YOUR SAFETY POLICY?
Believing that God has entrusted us with the responsibility of caring for children, security is a priority in HC Kids.
- All children entering HC Kids must sign in at one of our secure, computerized check-in stations and place their pre-printed badges on their shirt.
- Corresponding alpha-numeric badges will be printed for parents to use when picking up their child/children.
- All of our volunteers are background checked. They will be wearing an orange lanyard to signify this.
- Our security team will monitor visitors to the area at all times.
- The “Two-Caregiver Rule” will be in effect at all times to ensure the safety of all children and caregivers. Children are NEVER left unattended for any reason.
- The “Two Caregiver Rule,” means that at all times there will be at least two caregivers with any group of children in our care.
- We request that once parents have dropped off their children, they do not re-enter the classroom unless there is an emergency.
WHAT IF MY CHILD NEEDS ME?
We want parents to have peace of mind while their child is in our care during worship services, so we have created a special notification system that can be used to alert parents if their child needs them. Here is how it works:
- Parents will be sent a text message stating “HC Kids needs you to return for ... (name of your child).”
- Please be sure to confirm your current cell phone number on your child’s tag each time you drop them off.
- In addition, please don’t forget to set your phone to vibrate only and keep it close by.
If your child is upset or unhappy, here is what we do:
- Try to comfort and soothe him/her for up to ten minutes.
- If your child is still upset after that period of time has passed, you will be notified through our texting notification system.
- If your child is upset and we do contact you, we ask that you not give up on bringing him/her back to HC Kids! It can sometimes take a few visits for a child to get acquainted with the new environment.
- Please trust that we will provide extra care and attention to your little one until he/she is more comfortable.
WHAT IS YOUR FOOD/BOTTLE POLICY?
Infants will be fed formula, milk, juice or water in bottles provided by parents, if needed. Parents must provide these bottles pre-mixed and ready to go.
During Sunday services Cheerios and water will be offered to children ages 2-4. Leaders will check each child’s tag for any allergies before providing food.
Our elementary environments do not typically provide snacks, apart from special occasions. All the snacks that we provide are nut-free, but we are unable to guarantee full nut-free environments. Leaders will check each child’s tag for any allergies before providing food.
WHAT IS YOUR BATHROOM POLICY?
Diaper changing for all babies and toddlers must be done by a female volunteer 16 years or older and in the sight of another volunteer. Toddlers who need assistance in the bathroom will be assisted by a female staff member in the sight of another volunteer. The doors to the toddler bathrooms should remain open at all times.
We use disposable diaper pad coverings on all changing tables that are discarded and replaced after each use. These areas are also disinfected after each use.
Disposable gloves are worn by all volunteers.
Hand washing is a must before and after all diaper changes.
Here at HC Kids, our goal is to partner along side of you as you guide your child in a relationship with Jesus. Click below to find our easy-to-use resources to help you through this journey. We are here for you every step of the way!
Our Next Child Dedication will be held on June 25th. Sign up here!
Camp Out with HC Kids from August 1st-August 4th. For more information click here!