Disciples Making Disciples Training Center
FAQs, Requirements and Next Steps
– June 6th in Imlay City after the second service.
– June 13th in Sterling Heights after each service.
– The Training Center will start the week of June 20th.
Disciples Making Disciples (DMD) = Is simply the process of becoming like Christ and in turn repeating the process with another person.
Micro Church (MC) = When we refer to an MC, we are simply describing an intentional gathering of disciples that happens outside the walls of a traditional or official church building.
Training Center (TC) = A location where training, learning, and planning takes place. Usually in a church building, home, or community gathering place.
These are the 4 requirements to be a part of a training center:
- Attend Sunday morning service faithfully
- Attend the training center faithfully
- Live a life pleasing to God
- Share your faith with at least one person each week
Training Center Facts
- There is no end to this training. This “training” lasts forever and happens every week.
- We are teaching you not only how to share your faith and lead a micro church, but we are going to hold you accountable to actually doing these tasks.
- Everyone needs to understand that the time of those leading the training is just as important and valuable as yours. We expect you to be just as committed with your time as we are as leaders.
- The goal is for disciples to make disciples. We go and win someone, disciple them, and repeat the process. You must share your faith each week.
- You will not be able to move on to DMD Book 2 until you have led someone to Christ and started a Micro Church or are helping lead a Micro Church at the end of DMD Book 1 (6-8 months).
- Childcare is not provided for the weekly training sessions. Please secure your own childcare if necessary so you can attend the event.
As we go through the Disciples Making Disciples (DMD) book, the goal is not to see how fast we can go through it, but to learn the material and do it. We will not move on in the training book until the current lesson has been mastered. This is all about actually doing what we are teaching.
Micro Church Facts
- Micro Churches are small groups of people who come together each week to worship, study and fellowship. They happen weekly, at any time during the week, and at any location.
- Micro Churches are not made up of current church attenders. They are made up of those who we win to Christ.
- Micro Churches form as people are won to Christ and are started in the community by you.
- All Micro Churches follow the same format for the lesson time, which is based off of the Bible Discovery format you will learn in the training center.
The training classes will be held at Heritage Church (you will be contacted in the future with the training dates). As stated above, there is no end to this training. Please take time and pray about this opportunity. This will take time and commitment on your part each and every day.
If you would like to be a part of DMD, please let us know by signing up below by June 20, 2021.
For more information and for any questions, please contact Bernie Schmidt here: