Matthew 18:20: “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
The verse above communicates the importance of praying with one another. While praying on our own/strengthening our own relationship is so important, putting God at the center of your relationship is also important. A love for God is the firmest foundation any relationship can be built upon.
TRY THIS AT HOME:
The Tag Team Prayer Challenge:
1. Hold hands with your partner
2. Start out with short requests (15-20 seconds max!)
3. Then squeeze your partner’s hand (to let them know that you’re through)
4. Take turns frequently (don’t “hog” the prayer time; Base the length of your time praying upon the consent of the partner who is least-comfortable praying)
5. Give each other permission to end your prayer together at any time by saying “Amen” after your partner has finished with his/her turn.
6. Give the other partner one more short turn, then you are done – with no blaming or criticizing!
The key is to get in the habit of praying together out loud daily. Less than 1% of couples who pray together regularly believe that divorce is a possibility. Daily prayer together can bullet-proof your marriage/relationship.